Recruiting in Motion
Our Client believes in building and maintaining positive relationships on all levels of their integrated commercial real estate company. From their tenants to contractors to investors, they view every relationship as an integral part of their success. They are currently looking for an Accountant to be a part of that success and help cover a maternity leave. Possibility of full time as the company has been growing like crazy with new asset acquisitions.
As the Accountant, you will be delegated a portfolio of commercial properties and assist the Controller with all areas of day to day accounting cycle. Playing a critical role within the accounting team, you will be the glue within the organization and communication with property management and leasing departments. Covering for a maternity leave, this is a great opportunity to demonstrate your skills in the following areas:
- Handle the daily accounting operations for multiple commercial assets.
- Maintain the general ledger and complete all bank reconciliations and adjusting entries.
- Prepare financial statements (monthly, quarterly & annually) and finalize the month end close requirements.
- Manage the cash flow activities, including the complete AP & AR cycles for your properties.
- Support the Controller and Property Managers with input on the annual budget process and review of the monthly forecasting models.
- Complete all year end requirements and adjustments for audit preparation.
- Create corresponding and supporting financial reports for stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate with be a forward thinking, entrepreneurial minded team player with a minimum of 3 years of accounting experience. You will ideally be pursuing your CPA, or at the starting stages of the program. We are looking for someone who can bring their full cycle accounting knowledge within a smaller organization to our client. Excellent technologies proficiency will be expected through advanced Excel and strong ERP understanding. The Controller is looking for someone who is able to maintain a big picture lens of their work while demonstrating a willingness to get into the weeds and the detail to drive the best results. Enthusiasm, thirst for learning and development and strong communication and collaboration skills would make you an asset for this maternity leave coverage. Must be willing to take a 1 year term.
What will make you stand out:
- Full cycle accounting experience, minimum 3 years
- Team Player and strong accountability
- Adaptable to new technology
- Willing to take on a 1 year contract
If you are looking to join with a great entrepreneurial environment with an awesome leadership group, and gain some amazing experience over the next 12 months, this organization is waiting for you. Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss further.