Recruiting in Motion
Accountant – Senior Ottawa / Gatineau ON / QC
Our Client has invested over $24 billion in 250+ power facilities across North America, South America and Europe. They are a growing company with a global opportunity that employs 2000 people worldwide across seven countries. Our client prides itself on high levels of talent in a progressive sector. They are currently seeking an Intermediate Accountant who will be working within a more extensive accounting department.
As the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for maintaining proper ledgers, registers, accounts, journal entries, and similar financial records. In this role, you will regularly collaborate with members of the company’s group accounting team and support the Accounting Manager in meeting the tight corporate deadlines. We are looking for solid Senior Accountants interested and experienced in monthly and quarterly closing, deposits, and reconciliation, tracking and recording expenses, processing payments, while helping to lead a more junior team, alongside management. Additional responsibilities include
- Drive the month / quarter and year end close for multiple entities
- Prepare journal entries and ensure accuracy as part of the close process
- Monitor the GL and perform any bank or account reconciliations needed
- Support the financial reporting and FP&A teams by providing required analysis
- Prepare all bank deposits and Canadian & US sales tax returns as required
- Assist the auditors with year end close and any follow up questions or requests
- Participate in the annual budget process
The Ideal Candidate will hold a degree in Business Administration, Accounting and their CPA designation. The Candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in full-cycle accounting within a complex accounting environment or public accounting firm. The Candidate will require strong demonstrated accounting principles (IFRS and US GAAP is an asset); Solid MS Excel skills (including vlookup and pivot tables), with the ability to learn new systems and adapt to ERPs quickly. The Candidate should possess strong communication skills (oral and written), English is essential, bilingualism is considered an asset. The successful Candidate will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a solid ability to maintain and establish priorities.
What will make you stand out:
- Flexibility to work additional hours at quarter-end or during peak periods
- Strong Excel skills
- Thrives in a team-based and dynamic environment
- Proven skills to handle fast-paced and high volume
If you have recently finished another busy season in the public accounting firm and vow to make a career move before the next one…contact us asap at [email protected] to learn how you can join one of the most dynamic organizations in the region.