Recruiting in Motion
Full Stack Web Developer Ottawa Ontario
Our Client is dedicated to providing empowerment through healthy living and nutrition. Their company values and culture reflect their beliefs in helping the world get healthier: honouring integrity, being compassionate, and thriving on support and collaboration. Creating valuable opportunities and career paths is very important; they are currently seeking a Full Stack Web Developer to act as a key member of the IT Solutions team.
As Full Stack Web Developer, you will develop and maintain critical customer-facing applications and internal business systems. You will ensure that proper development practices are adhered to and that the output from all development activities is manageable, supportable, and created to the required specifications. The scope of the position includes, but is not limited to;
- Mobile app development (iOS & Android)
- Database design and management (MongoDB, PostgresSQL)
- API programming
- SaaS integrations
You will design, develop, support, and improve the UI/UX of the system’s web interfaces and modify existing functions and communications in the architecture to evolve and bring new features online. You will contribute to the conceptualization, articulation, design, and ultimately production of new “IP Platform” features and capabilities while developing new application capabilities, both for internal and external use. You will create and support Web/SaaS systems and mobile applications (iOS & Android).
The Ideal Candidate will hold a degree in software engineering, programming, or; 3-5 years of related post-secondary education plus work experience in the software development or software engineering fields. They will have 2-5 years of work experience with client-side web technologies and 1-2 years of work experience with server-side technologies. The candidate will utilize best-practice application development methodologies to maximize reuse, reduce duplication, and enable rapid application development techniques with expertise in the following areas, frameworks and languages;
- Caching frameworks such as Redis and Memcached
- Object-Oriented Principles and Design Patterns
- Integrating with third-party web APIs and security protocols, such as Odata endpoints, Azure AD, and OAuth
- n-tiered web architectures, SOA and related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, etc.)
- Database design and management (MSSQL, NoSQL, PostgresSQL and SQLite)
- Unit testing, automated testing, and refactoring tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Jasmine, Frisby, Selenium, Cucumber
- Source control systems such as Git or Bitbucket
The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
What will make you stand out:
- Experience with native mobile application development would be an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including .NET, ASP.NET, MVC, MS SQL Server, and WCF would be an asset.
- Experience with docker/containers would be an asset
- Experience with GraphQL would be an asset
- Experience deploying/supporting SaaS applications would be an asset
If this role interests you, please reach out to Marie at [email protected]