Recruiting in Motion
Senior Systems Administrator Ottawa Ontario
Our Client is an international business unit specializing in end-point intelligence solutions. They have a new position open for a Senior Systems Administrator to join their team in Ottawa.
As Senior Systems Administrator, you will serve as an integral part of the Global Operations team, ensuring the modernization of the network infrastructure. Utilizing your research, engineering and leadership skills, you will manage business unit LANs, WANs and wireless equipment. You will upgrade and tune servers routers, firewalls, load balancers, switch and cloud infrastructure. Additional responsibilities include;
- Coordinate and execute the rollout of new communications services, products, and software development infrastructure
- Deploy, configure and manage existing and new containerized applications
- Triage and diagnose network performance issues
- Serve as a point of escalation for incident management and resolution
- Analyze network deployments, identify vulnerabilities, create plans to improve security and orchestrate necessary interventions
- Participate in non-invasive red-team activities on Internet-connected and overlay networks, preparing and thoughtfully communicating results to research, engineering and business unit leadership
- Provide InfoSec consultation and emergency response services to a global team of 140 security engineers and researchers
Juniper JunOS and/or Cisco IOS.
The Ideal Candidate will have a degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent Cyber Security coursework with verifiable experience in a similar role as a network or systems administrator. They will be skilled in managing multiple projects and administering and securing the modern server, desktop and mobile operating systems. The successful Candidate will possess additional experience in the following areas;
- Securing firewalls, IDS/IPS, IPSec and VPNs
- Deploying and managing virtualization tech; VMWare
- Configuring, hardening and operating Linux and Windows
- Public-key infrastructure
The Candidate must be eligible for Enhanced or higher security clearance
What will make you stand out:
- Experience with Scripting languages; Python, Bash, or related language
- Familiar with aggregating and analyzing activity logs
- Microservices paradigm and hands-on expertise with container deployment and orchestration technologies.
- Previous service in the Canadian Intelligence Community of Armed Forced
If this role interests you, please email Julia at [email protected]