Recruiting in Motion
Senior Advisor – Payroll, Compensation & Benefits
Our Client, as a crown corporation, supports Canadian exporters and the growth of international trade. By offering help to assess foreign government procurements markets, our client positions qualified Canadian exporters to win international government contracts while mitigating risk. They are currently seeking a Human Resource Manager to provide HR professional services to the employees and management team.
As the Senior Advisor – Payroll, Compensation, and Benefits, reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources, you will play a pivotal role in independently overseeing compensation services and serving as a subject matter expert in payroll, benefits, and time and attendance. Managing the end-to-end payroll process for approximately 130 employees, you will ensure the accurate and timely disbursement of payments, administer executive and CEO compensation, and oversee outsourced health benefits, life insurance, and pension plans. Your responsibilities extend to addressing pay and benefits inquiries, supporting workforce leave and retirement planning, and coordinating payroll administration for various employee activities. Staying abreast of federal standards, laws, and regulations, you will guarantee compliance with corporate compensation and benefits policies. Additionally, active participation in collective bargaining, analysis of survey data for benchmarking, and leadership in compensation-related projects with external vendors are integral aspects of your role. You will also be accountable for extensive reporting for parliamentary questions, audits, and strategic planning, maintaining HR and payroll software, and providing updates to the HR Dashboard.
Moreover, as the Senior Advisor, you will contribute to the development and implementation of human resources policies, guidelines, and procedures in Compensation, Payroll, and Benefits. Your role encompasses providing industry best practices, guidance on leading compensation practices, and progressive recommendations on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Collaborating with finance to understand the payroll-finance connection, leading Office of the Auditor General (OAG) audits, and ensuring payroll system configurations comply with collective agreements are crucial aspects of your responsibilities. In summary, this position requires a diverse skill set, combining technical expertise, strategic thinking, and a strong focus on compliance and best practices in the realm of compensation and benefits.
What will make you stand out:
- At least 6-8 years of in-depth work experience in Canadian payroll, compensation, and benefits administration.
- Experience & knowledge working with Federal Government pension plans (PSSA/PSPF), benefits (PSHCP), Supplementary Death Benefit, PSMIP (Public Service Management Insurance Plan).
- Post-Secondary education in HR, Commerce, Business Administration, Industrial Relations or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience processing payroll in a unionized environment – asset.
- Experience using ADP WFN software – asset
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, consistently meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Knowledge of acts, regulations, directives, and policies as they apply to Payroll, Compensation, Benefits administration.
- Bilingual in English & French – Asset
If you are a detailed oriented compensation and benefits specialist with experience in the Public Sector, please email your resume to [email protected].